Friday, March 26, 2010

Half a Year

Six months ago I looked at you and asked,
What do I do with you?
Now I look at you and ask,
What would I do without you?

That's right, I'm feeling extra sentimental today because my sweet baby boy is now 6 months old. Half a year. The time that moved ever so slowly during my too-short 32 weeks of pregnancy, is now quickly passing us by. Today is a special day for us.


Grandma (Will's, not mine) took the day off work and came for a visit. We brought Will to the mall to have some pictures taken. He looked adorable - he even smiled! We went out for lunch and bought Will a couple things from Macy's. Because, of course, he NEEDS more clothes. We had such a fun outing!

Daddy (Will's, not mine) came home from work earlier than usual, and as I type, there is a cake baking in the oven for this special occasion. Obviously the cake is for the adult portion of the celebration. But Will can watch us eat it. How fun for him.


Dear Will,

Six months ago today you entered the world under scary circumstances. After you were born, the doctor said you'd be in the hospital for at least 4 weeks. The nurses, being more conservative, said to expect you home closer to your due date. They explained to us that you were a 'wimpy white boy,' and those take the longest to go home. Naturally you proved everyone wrong with just a short 15 day stay.

We love you so very much and it's a love that gets stronger every day. Just like you. You are deliciously adorable. You are wonderfully stubborn and naughty. You are observant and curious. You are the funniest person we know. We think you are just perfect. If you want a trip to space camp, now would be a good time ask.

Love,

Mommy and Daddy

1 comment:

Erin said...

That letter to Will made me tear up. What a sweet mommy you are! I'm so glad you are doing all this ahead of me so I have a great example to follow. Wish we were closer. Love you. :)