Monday, March 1, 2010

It's Monday...

Can you imagine the joy one feels after waking up at 7:15 and realizing your baby, for the first time in 5 months, was not the one to wake you? Yes, there was much celebration in the Harmsen household this morning because sweet William slept from 8-7:30 - without waking once! I'm trying not to get too excited (easier said than done), since it has the potential of being a one-time only event. Here's hoping...
After not leaving the house for nearly a week, I decided Will and I were in need of an outing. Lately, Will has been feeling really heavy in his sling, so after doing some research on carriers, I decided I'd try to make one. Off to Wal-Mart we went to examine fabrics and pick up some essentials. I was looking for jersey knit, which they didn't have, so we made a stop at an actual fabric store on the way home. Will insisted on being awake the entire time, and was rather well-behaved with minor freak-outs in the fabric section and at the register. I knew taking him out during naptime was risky (to say the least), but I can't always be a slave to my baby's schedule. Wouldn't want to be that mom! When we returned home, Will sat nicely (unstrapped) in his carseat and watched me cut and piece together our new contraption. From here on out, it will be referred to as our Foby (Fake+Moby=Foby). Will was, at this point, ready for a nap, but he kindly posed for some pictures in our new creation. Here they are:






No comments: