Friday, April 9, 2010

A Week in the Life

I've had a difficult time posting lately. I believe this is, in part, due to a lack of motivation. The weather is warmer and we've been spending more time running previously avoided errands, as well as having play time outside. The second, and probably main reason for my infrequent posting, is my mushy brain. I became familiar with the concept of 'mommy brain' years ago during a magazine interview with Gwenyth Paltrow who said she found herself to be more forgetful since having her daughter. I'm not sure if all mothers experience mommy brain, but I certainly have. Since Will's been here, I find myself forgetting the spelling of even simple words, forgetting doctor's appointments (2 so far), forgetting to pay bills (thankfully the mortgage isn't late until after the 11th of the month, unfortunately that's not true for the cable), arriving at the grocery store only to discover that I've left my wallet at home... Perhaps this is due to my current lack of employment (and believe me, that's not a complaint). I'm seriously lacking forms of intellectual stimulation and spent all winter cooped up in the house with the TV on. Sadly, I fear it's all affecting my ability to write as I often find myself struggling for the correct words. You must forgive me if my posts are boring or difficult to read. I'm working on it.

I thought I'd include little tidbits of how we spent the days of our week (with the exception of Monday since I already posted).

On Tuesday we went to Kohl's to get Will some summer clothes. I bought him some things from Old Navy weeks ago, but they only had size 6-12 months. Everything is still a little big, and with it being so warm, he needed some clothes that actually fit. That afternoon we played, and Will did his best sitting ever!


On Wednesday our neighbor Lindsay came over to play. She is our go-to girl for cat sitting and is so incredibly sweet! She was on spring break this week and wanted to have a visit with Will. She brought him an octopus toy that he had fun playing with. Chewie and Ellie were a little sad about having to share her, but they positioned themselves close by to keep watch.


On Thursday we went to visit Will's grandma and have dinner at her house. Will was a little cranky and ready for bed, so sadly, our visit was rather short.

On Friday, today, we spent the day hanging out at home. Will took two AMAZING naps. I found myself checking on him multiple times because it was so uncharacteristic. Will is now officially a tummy sleeper and has been since he began rolling over 3 weeks ago. For the first time today, I caught him sleeping with his legs tucked under him and his little bum up in the air. It was so stinking cute! Will was waking up, but kindly stayed in the position long enough for me to take a picture.

Will waking up from his naps is easily one of my favorite things ever. He is so smiley and chatty. I finally had the camera handy so I could catch one of his conversations on video. He didn't smile, but had plenty to say.

We're looking forward to a great weekend! The weather is supposed to be fabulous and we have Daddy home with us for a full 2 days. Can't beat that!

No comments: