Wednesday, June 9, 2010

National Harbor

As we settle back into the routine of home life, I now have the dutiful task of unpacking all that remains of our blissful vacation. That means lots of cleaning and laundry. And I'm more than a little embarrassed that the following pictures will show me in the same outfit as my last post. It was newly clean and sitting on the chair and, well, it's pretty much all that fits. Someday I'll give up the dream of losing 15 more pounds and resolve to buy bigger clothes (ah, the great mommy delimma). Someday. But not today. For now, I'll keep the dream alive (while I enjoy some pizza and cookies for lunch) and continue to wear the same summer outfits over and over. Let this serve as your warning.

Feeling a little down post-beach trip, and craving adventure as opposed to surrendering to our life of routine (or at least, putting it off one day more), we went to a place we had never before been: National Harbor. It's a fairly new spot of shops and restaurants located along the Potomac.
Photobucket
Photobucket

Will likes adventure, too.
Photobucket

We did some shopping.
Photobucket
We stopped to eat at a restaurant called Ketchup whose speciality is- well... see if you can guess. And while we ate, Will sat in the stroller doing his darndest to rip into a bag of gummies.
Photobucket
If he'd wear his sunglasses, he wouldn't have to squint (hint, hint, William).
Photobucket
Upon taking these, Mike asked, "How many pictures of his feet do you need?" Simply put: lots.


We checked out a famous DC landmark that was moved from a previous spot to this one. It's called The Awakening (for obvious reasons).
Photobucket And I, of course, thought it would be funny to pretend he was eating my baby. Sorry, Will.
Photobucket

But with the silly, there's always some sweet.
Photobucket Will was so interested in the water, I swear, he wanted to jump right in. Too bad I wouldn't even let him dip a toe. It IS the Potomac, after all.

No comments: