Friday, August 20, 2010

The Big Three-Oh

I'm not the only one getting older 'round here. Yesterday was Mike's 30th birthday. Mike is a very difficult person to buy for (and he knows this) and he rarely likes what I buy him (and I know this). So, when his birthday rolls around, I stick to a few proven traditions.
Every year he gets a Ralph Lauren Polo shirt.
Photobucket

And tommy cologne.
Photobucket Still rocking that badass bed head.

Sometimes living in the DC area is cool. And sometimes, like when all outings must be planned around our shitty traffic, it's not. I THOUGHT I had it all figured out when Will and I went to the mall only 20 minutes away. In the middle of the day. But then there was an accident, and even the back roads looked like this.
Photobucket
1:00 in the afternoon.

Luckily, Will looked like this.
Photobucket
For 10 minutes anyway. For the last 30, he cried real tears and dripped real snot. It was awful.

Because I'm awesome, I got up early to make Mike a special breakfast. And, well, I guess I did it, in part, because he is awesome too.
Photobucket

I give him the same birthday card every year. Just because I think it's funny.
Photobucket Written inside this card: I owe you one hiking trip. Lord help me.


Mike's one birthday request was a homemade re-creation of his favorite restaurant pasta dish. It seemed easy enough, but somehow I managed to burn the mushrooms and add entirely too much basil. So I skipped the sauce entirely. Although, Mike braved it and said it was good. Sometimes he tells great lies.
Photobucket
Photobucket
Dinner sucks, Mama.


Mike is a pretty fab baby daddy. I really wanted to make this day special for him.
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

Grandma came over with a cake, which really was as delicious as it looks.
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket Happy Birthday, Mikey. I love you tons. Will does too.

Will loves a good time. In fact, he was still up partying in the middle of the night. I've unofficially titled this picture 3:30 AM: Because it's 9:30 somewhere.
Photobucket Will: I'm lucky I'm cute.

No comments: