Tuesday, August 10, 2010

One Week of Living

I went to the Bahamas!
Photobucket
Photobucket
Yeah, I went to the Bahamas. In my dreams. Because these pictures are so three years ago. But it sounds better than saying I was waiting on a new power cord to arrive in the mail. Which is what I was really doing.

Well, not ALL I was doing. Because when I'm not blogging (or dreaming of the glamourous vacations I used to take), I'm usually living life. And it all centers around this little dream machine.
Photobucket
Who's all about these oh-so-adorable smiles that begin with the crinkle of his nose.

Housewife Wednesday happened again.
Photobucket

Appetizers: Cheese Straws (made by hand, although I don't think I twisted them quite correctly)
Photobucket

Dinner: Chicken and Noodle stir fry (NOT frozen or already prepared!)
Photobucket

Dessert: Chocolate Mousse (from scratch, of course)
Photobucket

Dinner by candlelight.
Photobucket

And when I make the effort to dress up, you better believe there will be pictures. So when Will didn't feel like taking them with me, I grabbed the first furry child I could find.
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket


Mornings are heavenly. Will's still clad in cute jammies. His bed head is perfection. And he's so happy.
Photobucket
Photobucket
Cute little nose-crinkle smile.


Photobucket
Photobucket
Love of my life: makes funny faces and gets breakfast stuck in his hair.


Lately, one of my favorite places to take Will is the library. Last week there was a summer carnival; which just so happened to be on the same day our books were due.
So we picked out some new books.
Photobucket
Photobucket


And had a snack.
Photobucket
Photobucket

We played with bubbles. And when it was time to share the wand, Will was none too pleased.
Photobucket

Will got to sit in a firetruck for the first time. And just as Will was about to ask the cute fireman for his number on behalf of his cute, single aunt, the firetruck got a call and had to leave.
Photobucket
Photobucket
Cheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeese.

Lesson of the week: If you take even a minute to check your email, you can expect to turn around to this.
Photobucket


Will is my helper boy. Yesterday we washed the car. He rolled around the driveway in his walker and begged to hold the hose.
Photobucket


Then I thought it would be fun to let him walk around the neighborhood.
Photobucket
Photobucket


But, it wasn't really fun. I had to hurry to keep up so he wouldn't roll off the curb. Then there were times I had to pull him and push him. Thankfully we took a break to chat with our favorite neighbors.
Photobucket
Neighbors who graciously volunteered to carry the walker home.

We have a baby. Fabulous vacations and dinners at fancy restaurants have officially been put on hold. And that's OK. It may not be Paradise Island, but it's pretty close to paradise.
Photobucket

4 comments:

Rebecca said...

Well I don't know what other single aunts he has, but if it was this one, Aunt Becky is grateful that Will is on the prowl for her. It looks like he is in the right direction based on that firefighter....

Carrie said...

Allllllllll for you. He'll keep looking.

Maura said...

This is awesome Carrie. Hurry up and take Will to the Bahamas while he's still a LAP CHILD (free ticket free ticket free tiiiicketttt!!!).

Maura said...

Actually, the Bahamas might not exactly be a FREE ticket but close enough....