Sunday, August 1, 2010

Weekend Update

Introducing the random moments that filled our weekend.

Will, AKA the little monkey, has taken to climbing the baby gates. Or, at the very least, trying very hard to climb the baby gates. I predict this boy will be nothing but trouble. And I mean that in a he-completely-amuses-me kinda way.
Photobucket
Photobucket


I had the urge to do an Ikea run on Saturday. It's not my favorite place in the world, but I don't know... Sometimes I just enjoy a good maze of mass produced home goods. Plus, it always smells like cinnamon rolls. When Mike said, "Don't forget the camera," it didn't seem an odd reminder at all. Simply because I understand the importance of capturing Will's every move. And it was his first Ikea experience.
Photobucket


We've been experimenting more with letting Will ride in shopping carts and, so far, so good. The boys had too much fun with the super nice slippy, slidey carts. Only at Ikea.
Photobucket
Photobucket


Will's new toy. He loves this thing. He has played with them before, both, at the doctor's and the bookstore - while I alternate between feeling thoroughly disgusted with myself for allowing him to play with a public toy, and feeling excited that he seems to really enjoy it. Ikea. $7.99.
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket


At times this weekend, Will was grumpy. As previously mentioned, he's cutting new teeth. He also wasn't the best sleeper. So, when all else fails, just do some lyrical dancing with Chewie's dangly cat toy. In sea horse pajama shorts. Yeah, I KNOW I can dance. Will knows it too.

just dance from Carrie Harmsen on Vimeo.


Whenever we tire of sitting around the house, but don't quite know what else to do, we end up at a local park. It's fun, sure, but I have no idea what we'll do this winter. Must. Not. Think. That. Far. Ahead.
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket


We ended the weekend with an ice cream run. It has been over 2 months since Will's first taste of ice cream and I'm shocked it has taken us so long to return.
Photobucket


I decided to take his shirt off to avoid as much mess as possible, which probably wasn't the best idea. The poor monkey had COLD ice cream dripping onto his tummy. He didn't like that very much. I ended up spoon feeding him most of it.
Photobucket


Not wanting the cone to go to waste, Will decided to eat it. Upside down.
Photobucket


A weekend update. Harmsen style. Goodnight, and have a pleasant tomorrow.
Photobucket

1 comment:

Erin Jones said...

I totally dance for Brendan to make him laugh! But I'm not quite brave enough to put it on a video yet.