Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Reason 8,942 why I'm glad I didn't have to teach today

Because this little monkey was up 3 times last night. 10:30. 1:00. 5:00. Can you imagine? OK, Students, go ahead and color a picture of how you spent your summer break while Mrs. Harmsen lays her head down on this desk. Just....for....a....minute...zzzzzzzz.
Photobucket His shirt says 'Jaw-some.' But waking up that often when you're 2.5 weeks away from your first birthday? SO not jaw-some.
Photobucket
And just incase you're wondering.... Reasons 1-8,941 are all the same: spending every day with this little love.

Our 3 day weekend was fabulous. There were no vacation plans. Rather, we enjoyed home. We threw open windows and LOVED the hell out of our gorgeous weather.
Photobucket

And spent as much time outside as we could manage.
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

Check this out... I planted a hydrangea in honor of Will's first summer. I wanted it to be blue, but it was more purpleish. I added some aluminum sulfate a few weeks ago and LOOK -----
Photobucket
Starting to turn blue! You see it. Don't you?

A good weekend has several components:
Mike's chocolate chip pancakes.
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

A baby who NAPS (and looks oh-so-cute while doing so).
Photobucket Although, naptime also includes some good ol' fashioned crib chewing. Yum.
Photobucket
Yep. This was baby-proofed.

Family.
Photobucket
Photobucket Yeah, it was a good weekend.

Will has a new game. It's called 'I-refuse-to-sit-in-my-carseat-instead-I'll-stand-here-until-you-give-me-a-toy-I-like-then-maybe-I'll-sit.' It's tons of fun, as you can imagine.
Photobucket
Will has also started waving 'hi' and 'bye bye.' It's rather unpredictable, but once he gets going, there's no stopping him. Today he waved at Edwin on the Maury Povich show. He also waved at the 4 kids there for paternity tests. All Edwin's, incase you were wondering. Yes, I know the time is quickly coming when I'll have to stop watching trash TV around him.

And while I'm confessing bad habits:
Hi, my name is Carrie and I'm picture-framing addicted. I. Can't. Stop.
Photobucket

2 comments:

Erin Jones said...

I feel your pain. Brendan was up twice last night. And that was a good night for us recently.

Katherine said...

Love the wall pics. I'm jealous. I want a Target, or Hobby Lobby!