Monday, October 4, 2010

Fall

Even before Baby Harmsen came roaring into this world, there were many things I pictured doing with him. Many places I imagined taking him. And sometimes my imagination can get a bit carried away and form an image so fantastically perfect, it's almost impossible to live up to.

But not this weekend. Because this? THIS was perfect.
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

We took Will to the pumpkin patch. And because of the way I build these things up in my head, it couldn't be just any old pumpkin patch. It had to be a place where childhood memories are made. Dude. This place delivered.
Photobucket
No time for sitting, Mama! Will insists on walking everywhere lately, but still needs my hand.

We bought some feed for the goats, which I'm pretty sure was just dog food. Will loves to offer bites, but hasn't quite gotten the concept that when it's in his closed fist, it's impossible to eat.
Photobucket
I thought about adding something right there about pulling chewed up food out of his mouth and offering it to me. Also thought about adding something about letting THE DOG lick his goldfish crackers before putting them in HIS mouth. But that would be gross.

Photobucket
Photobucket
Please note adorable pumpkin shoes.


Photobucket
Photobucket
This turkey was M-E-A-N!

Not so sure about the rope swing....
Photobucket
We took a tractor ride out to the field and hand-picked our pumpkin. How cool is that?
Photobucket
Photobucket
I thought about adding something right there about Mike picking out a pumpkin no bigger than Will's head. Um, how the heck are we supposed to carve something that small? But he was really proud of it, so instead, I'll say nothing.

I normally have mixed feelings about this sort of thing, but I was assured the ponies get regular breaks.
Photobucket

And Will had fun.
Photobucket

THIS cracked me up. A zip-line for babies. Will loved it, and this ended up being one of my favorite pictures of the day.
Photobucket

Photobucket
Pig races. You know you're in the country when...
Photobucket

Our day was so wonderfully fabulous. If I had a nickel for everytime one of us said, "This is fun"..... well, I'd surely have at least a dollar. I can't wait to do it all again next year. Every year.
Photobucket
Photobucket

No comments: