Monday, October 18, 2010

I be photoshoppin'

I harbor not-so-secret dreams of parlaying this photography hobby of mine into a career. A career that will conveniently begin around the time Mike starts pushing me out the door to make my return to teaching. Not if I have anything to say about it.
Every proper photographer needs to have Photoshop software and, more importantly, must know how to actually use it. I'm starting cheap. Last week I ordered a used copy of Elements 7 for $25 and decided to dive right in. I'm sure, at this point, I am over-saturating and, in general, just plain-flat-out over-Photoshopping. It's a work in progress. But it helps to have the cutest of all cute models.

Fall is such a fun time of year to take pictures. With promises of sunshine and lovely colors, the outdoors begs us to be best friends. And this past weeeknd? We more than happily obliged.
Photobucket

We brought Will to his Grandma's on Saturday. Of course there were new toys waiting for him. Will is one spoiled little dude. But, OH, is he cute.
Photobucket

Photobucket

We tried a nap, but Will wasn't having it. So instead, there was a trip to the park.
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

My favorite picture of the day - taken by my mom! Before Photoshop....
Photobucket

And after.
Photobucket


Football Sundays are my favorite Sundays. And I mean that most sincerely. On Sundays, we huddle together downstairs. Huddle. I totally didn't mean to throw in that football reference, but will leave it because it fits. We get decked out in team gear. We eat junky food. We have games on all day and into the night. We just enjoy being together.
Of course it's even better when your team WINS!
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
You don't need Photoshop to crop your maniacal face out of a picture that's only worth saving because your baby looks so darn adorable.

I'm ending with a picture that doesn't seem to have a proper place. I'm not a list maker. But feeling completely overwhelmed while planning Will's birthday party, I got out my old purple notebook and made several of them.
While flipping through the pages, I came across a different list. One that feels like it was made a lifetime ago. I took this picture last month, and couldn't figure out where it belonged. Here seems just fine.Photobucket
To think this blog could've been called "And Oden Makes Three." Not really. Please note that SOME names are written in Mike's handwriting.

3 comments:

Katherine said...

1. I loves the photoshopin'
2. Want to see the manical face
3. The list: awwww

Erin Jones said...

I totally remember you loving Madeline and Molly when we were in college. I love that William is number one! Camden is one I thought of for a girl, too! Oh, and how's this for weird? I have a nephew named Blake Bailey and I have nephews named Tyler and Landon!

Drama queens mum (Kimberly) said...

I just noticed that you are a Patriots fan. Go Patriots.