Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Letting Go

Yesterday a new work week began, and Will and I are without a car. Again. Needless to say, that means we spend every second of every day hanging out at home.
Just my buddy and me.
Photobucket

We're lucky to have such beautiful, sunshine-y weather to enjoy. Yesterday Will gave a less than polite 'no, thank you' to the option of a second nap. While I should perhaps put my foot down and insist upon it, Will owns me (and he knows this), so I gave in (like I almost always do) and, instead, we went outside to play.
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

What's Will laughing at? Oh, just his silly puppy. Who's also enjoying our beautiful, sunshine-y weather.
Photobucket

Will has a boo boo that happened right before my hovering eyes. While I momentarily beat myself up over it, I think I'm finally coming to realize that it just comes with the territory. This baby - OK, *toddler* of mine - is cruising, standing, and learning to walk. All a little unsteadily. He's going to fall.
The last two weeks have been all about letting go. As much as you can 'let go' of your one year old. Will now crawls around the kitchen and plays in the pots and pans cabinet the way a toddler should. He also takes baths in the big boy tub. Admittedly, it has taken me a long time to get to this place. The place where my little man is free to properly explore while I do my best to keep my fears in check.
Photobucket
I'm OK with it. I think. I have to be.

It occurred to me last night that I still haven't posted pictures of Will's playroom. The completed project. And a project it WAS. We spend most mornings and evenings here. I hope he grows to love it.
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

Photobucket
It's all about letting go. Of my Car. Of my teeny baby I brought home from the hospital (one year ago yesterday!). Of my sanity, perhaps...?

3 comments:

Katherine said...

Some awesome pictures. . . and the playroom looks fabulous!

Rebecca said...

Uh oh Carrie, his hair is a getting a wee bit long, and dare I say...Brady-ish?

Carrie said...

Hahahaha!!! I knooooooooooooow. I'm thinking about a haircut. Thinking. Thinking.