Monday, November 22, 2010

Flowers and stuff

In Dallas, there were days when the only napping Will did was on the way back to our hotel after a fun outing. So, basically, he'd sleep for about 20 minutes, wake up, and spend the rest of the afternoon in a cranky state. Sometimes cranky babies happen. It's OK. But it gets a little tricky when you still need to go out to eat for every meal.

Photobucket
Mike's creative picture: Cheers!

It wasn't necessarily all terrible, all the time, but eating out with our 13 month old as often as we had to was a tad difficult.Photobucket
Photobucket
Bad Mommy Moment: Will ate more french fries on this vacation than I care to admit.


Care to join us? from Carrie Harmsen on Vimeo.

Mike and I both agree that a long break from restaurants is in order.


Our first outing was to the Dallas Aboretum. It was incredible and REALLY made me wish I was an awesome photographer. Though, I did my best.
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
There was a pioneer village to explore...
Photobucket
which led to my favorite picture of the day.
Photobucket

I absolutely adored the pumpkin-lined sidewalks.
Photobucket

It was gorgeous. A must-see should you ever find yourself in Dallas.
Photobucket

Of course, Will's favorite part of the day was anything involving pumpkins.
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

It was such a fun day with my little monkey. More fun to come!
Photobucket
Photobucket

3 comments:

Katherine said...

I'm dying laughing right now because it took me a minute to figure out who's hand appeared in the video. I kept thinking- that's NOT Mike's hand (because I know them so well? :)

Carrie said...

Typo. Ugh. The basic gist was: "Haha. You better NOT know Mike's hands." That's about it.

Watch Calder Grow! said...

So glad you made it to the Arboretum! My brother got married in the Woman's Garden (your top right picture in the first group of Arboretum pics) -- so beautiful!!! I was also there last year in October while visiting my best friend with Tessa. I have a ton of pictures of her sitting amongst all of the pumpkins. :)