Wednesday, December 15, 2010

It's cold

Like, REALLY cold. So cold I find myself asking Mike, "Can we move to (insert warm place here)?" about two months earlier than I usually do. Little Monkey already has a runny nose, so I've been limiting our outings to necessary-errands-only.

But we're not going stir crazy. At least, not yet.
Photobucket

I wish I could press the Pause button and enjoy this month for just a little while longer. I'm loving having the house decorated for Christmas. I imagine how magical a big tree sitting in your living room sporting twinkly lights and dangly objects must be to a one year old. He loves it. And I love watching him love it.
Photobucket
Dancing with the snowman. And a basting brush.

Photobucket
Photobucket
Stealing his favorite ornament.
Photobucket
The reason why bulbs of two of my six window candles are permanently dead.

After months of "Where's your nose?" and "Where's your tummy?" Will finally knows the answer. Although, he really loves finding MY tummy. He lifts up my shirt and wants to rub his face on it. It's the same thing he does with his soft, squishy stuffed animals. Guess I know what my New Year's resolution is.

Photobucket
Photobucket


Poor Ellie. Before Will came along we used to take her to the groomer's for her $50 haircuts. She also paid the occasional visit to doggy daycare. And I would call during my lunchbreak and say things like, "I brought her sweater - the Gap one with the stripes - just incase you think she's chilly." Oh, how things have changed.

Yesterday we gave Ellie a bath. She hates it, but can't even muster a fight. She's so utterly pathetic.
Photobucket

Chewie and Will were totally taunting her.
Photobucket
So for now we're huddled up in the house (with snow in tomorrow's forecast). Counting down the days to Xmas!

1 comment:

Erin Jones said...

I never dreamed of letting my cats spend a night in a kennel. Now they've been there for a week. My, how things have changed. Poor Ellie looks like a rat, and Will looks like he's loving it!