Monday, January 31, 2011

Air and Space

There's a newer Smithsonian Air and Space Museum out near the Dulles Airport. While parking is $15 (!!), the museum itself is completely free.

Saturday was rather dreary and cold so we decided to check it out.
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

Will got to sit in a little airplane!
Photobucket

So air and space really isn't my thing. But Mike loved it. And Will? Well, he's just happy to be anywhere he can roam freely.
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
The view from the observation tower. I wish I had paid attention to what mountain range that is. Oh well.
Photobucket
Will is chasing a group of boy scouts in the picture on the left.

And that, along with not sleeping through Saturday night and requiring lots of naps on Sunday (for me), was how we spent our weekend.
Photobucket

Photobucket

2 comments:

Erin said...

Here's some trivia for you...you can tell Mike since planes aren't your thing. The picture of the plane with the teeth painted on the front is an A10 bomber. Tom works on that plane. The only ones authorized "tiger teeth" belong to the 23 Fighter Group, which is at Moody AFB, GA, home of the "Flying Tigers." Just thought you (Mike) might like to know.

I love Will chasing the Boy Scouts. I think that was my favorite picture. He has so much character.

I love what you've done with your heading. I tried to figure out how to put a picture in our heading way back when and never figured it out. Maybe you can give me dummy instructions.

Erin said...

http://www.globalsecurity.org/military/agency/usaf/23fg.htm

So I was a little off. My bad. Still interesting. :)