Sunday, January 2, 2011

Happy 2011

It was a busy week that found us visiting Grandma, friends, and the doctor for Will's 15 month check up (he weighed 24 pounds, 10 ounces!).
Photobucket
Photobucket
Will with Cameron and Claire
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Will and cutie-pie Alexa

Of course there was some cozy time at home with Daddy's favorite tiger, too.
Photobucket
Photobucket
Edited to add: At first I thought this picture was gorgeous. Now I think he looks kinda creepy. I can't tell.

A couple of random things --

Socks Will is forever taking them off and I can never seem to wash a complete set. He wears mis-matched socks A LOT.
Photobucket

Blocks The best gift I ever got Mike.
Photobucket

At Will's 15 month appointment they asked if he was 'scribbling.' Luckily we had just eaten at the Silver Diner the day before and they gave him some crayons to enjoy during lunch. So I could say, "Yes. Why, yes, he does scribble."

Truthfully I had only broken out the crayons once before and most of them ended up in his mouth. On New Years Eve morning, we colored.
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Mike is so proud of his sunset.


Components of a fabulous New Year's Eve celebration:

Champagne. Cheese fondue.
Photobucket

And Seacrest.
Photobucket

It was, for sure, a low-key celebration. I'd love to blame Will, but truthfully, we haven't done anything wild in YEARS. Unless ringing in 2010 with my 80 year-old grandmother counts? No? Didn't think so.
Photobucket
Photobucket

So I have a fun resolution that does NOT involve dieting or working out. Although both of those are good things and I should probably resolve to do them more.

My goal for 2011 is to kick my photography up a notch and I think the best way to do that is a Project 365 - a picture for every day. Check it out here. And if you want to follow me that's totally acceptable.

3 comments:

Katherine said...

By totally acceptable you really mean highly encouraged? Right?

Jealous of your champagne. . .so jealous I'm going to make myself an oj and club soda cocktail so I can feel important.

Also jealous of your tiger.

Not of your mismatched sockes :) but Will makes it look gooood.

Erin Jones said...

I read a book when I was pregnant that said buy all the same color socks so that you can always make a pair. Brendan always takes his off, too. And he HATES shoes. Last week we walked around the BX and then I looked down and he was missing a shoe. I had to retrace our steps to find it. Luckily, I did. :)

Rebecca said...

What makes NYE with your 80 year old grandmother even better is that she doesn't remember it. Not because she is senile or suffering from Alzheimers, but because it wasn't a leap year last year.

However, I think celebrating with your COUSIN and MARGARITAS makes last years NYE a pretty good time.