Thursday, January 6, 2011

Movin' on up

I've been waiting. And waiting. And waiting for a Babies R Us coupon to arrive in the mail. Finally, it did. So I called Mike at work and asked, "Can we go?" He said, "Sure."

And here's what we bought --
Photobucket
Photobucket

Will has a big boy carseat!! Finally. I decided on a Graco My Ride 65 because my friend Kat, who does all my baby product researching, told me it was a good one.

And, yes, he is still rear-facing. We plan on keeping him that way until he's 2, as it's much safer. I'm not usually judgmental or soapbox-y on the topic. Unless you're my next door neighbor and you happen to be reading this. Because, seriously Connie? Turning your daughter at 9 months? Tsk, tsk.

Just for the record, she's not reading this. We're on a 'hello' basis only.

Will has re-discovered just how much he likes being outside. He loves to point at the door and WHINE until I cave and spend the next 5-10 minutes bundling us up for outdoor playtime.
Photobucket
Photobucket
I miss you, Hydrangea of mine.

Photobucket

Will's newest trick is stirring. He loves to stir. It started when I let him 'help' me one night. Now, he can't get enough of it. He regularly brings me a tupperware container from the cabinet, which is his way of saying, "Fill this with some junk and get me a spoon, Woman."
Photobucket
Photobucket

I have lots of pictures of Will in the kitchen since I'm playing around with my camera's manual mode, and it's the only room where we have somewhat decent light. These don't really have a story. I just like them. That's all.
Photobucket
Photobucket

7 comments:

Erin said...

"Fill this with some junk and get me a spoon, Woman." HAHAHAHAHA - Made my day. Love you. And Will.

xoxoxox

BobbysMommy said...

Here's what's depressing/funny (kinda): Will, age 1 year, 3 months upgraded to a "big boy" car seat today. Bobby, age 8 months, upgraded to a "big boy" car seat almost a month ago. Yeah, maybe the nurse was right when she told me "Mommy, he's getting kinda chunky" when we visited the pediatrician a month ago.

Ashley said...

Ok, I just found your blog through Mom blogs and spent like 20 minutes looking at all your last posts. You're a great photographer and Will is adorable! My son is 5 months and when you talked about teaching him discipline... I can't even imagine! I remind myself on the days it's hard to have a teeny baby not to wish this time away or let it pass me by because he's just growing so fast and it'll be over before I know it. Anyway, I love your blog and I'm following! :) Good to "meet" you!

Katherine said...

I loooove the last pic. Do you have details? How did you edit? Urgh. Really, really love.

I miss my hydrangea too. But mine wasn't blue ;)

Rear facing, way to go! Andy was giving me crap about it the other day and I was like hi, we drive on the AUTOBAHN. No way.

Sarah Halstead said...

I love that last one. So great!! They are all cute. I want to get Carsyn a seat like that. He hates his infant seat. I think he would like one of these better. Plus I want to rear face him for longer.

Kelly said...

Yay for extended rear-facing! I'm all about it. Cute blog and great pics!

Erin said...

I meant to tell you - car seats are law over here but it's not enforced. A couple weeks ago we saw an empty car seat in the front passenger seat. Upon closer inspection, I noticed that the mom was holding her baby...in the driver seat.