Thursday, January 20, 2011

A tough week

Last weekend I took Will and Ellie out for a morning walk. When we turned the corner, I looked up and saw this happening on my neighbor's roof --
Photobucket

Six vultures just hanging out.
Photobucket

After scooping Ellie up and bringing her in the house (because people love to tell me she resembles a rat), we brought out the zoom lens and took some pictures. The tag on one of the wings intrigued us enough to hop on the laptop and do some research. Yeah, we're dorks.

And as it turns out, it would be the highlight of my Sunday.
Photobucket

Later that day, my jersey was crumpled and tossed on the floor where it stayed for several days.
Photobucket
It symbolized my crushed hopes and dreams. So many questions remain, but mostly: 'How?' As in, 'How you gonna do me like that?' Really, Patriots, I want to know.

Monday started out normal enough. You know, just some bed jumping.
Photobucket

Some funny faces.
Photobucket

Some hanging out in the kitchen.
Photobucket
Photobucket
Turns out he was totally smart to reject my kiss. Because later that night, there was some, uh.... sickness. And don't even ask it, don't even think it. I'm not a character in a movie, and just because I throw up does NOT mean I'm the P-WORD.

Tuesday and Wednesday were both yucky days that had me going through the motions until naptime (for both of us). Luckily, Will has an amazing daddy who always pitches in when he's needed most.
Photobucket
Photobucket
Will: "Here, Camera. Have a toothbrush."

Photobucket

We love Daddy.
Photobucket


Today, I'm finally feeling normal again. Will and I went outside to play in the sunshine and had an awesome time. Even if it resulted in, yet another, unexpected outfit change (he was in his 4th pair of pants by lunchtime).
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Will: "But, Mommy, why can't I play with trash?"

That's all for today.

Oh! One more thing...

I think she's awfully cute, even if she is rat-like.
Photobucket


Goodnight.
Photobucket

8 comments:

Ashley said...

What did you find out about the birds? Super creepy! I'm sorry you were sick! I got a stomach bug right after my baby was born and it was horrible. Being a sick Mom is the hardest thing EVER! I'm glad you are doing better though! :)

Erin said...

Ellie IS cute. And so is Will. Glad to hear you are feeling better and glad to know Mike helps when needed. Thomas does, too.

Katherine said...

I love so many of these. . but could the picture with the sign BE ANY cuter? No. It could not.

Katherine said...

ANNND I love you for not making me type in a verification to post on your blogs. Love you.

Katherine said...

I also really, really, really like the moon shot.

BobbysMommy said...

Yeah, I wanna know about the birds, too! My 2 favorite pictures: Daddy and son (oh my Carrie, what a moment you captured there!) and the reflection in the tub drain (such a cool perspective). Glad you're feeling better...please say I started bugging you about the cloth diapers AFTER you were better, otherwise I'll feel like a total schmuck. :)

Carrie said...

For anyone who might read this for an update on the birds (LOL), we found this website which had some info. about the tagging: http://www.dgif.virginia.gov/wildlife/dutch-gap-black-vulture-management/
Basically they're just trying to control the population of black vultures.

Maura said...

You know I'm not a Patriots fan but that throwback hat is so cute. Stairway to 7!