Friday, February 11, 2011

Colonial Williamsburg

Winter is kicking our butts. We're cold. We're bored. We're going crazy in this house of ours.

Mike and I decided that a little getaway was in order. Nothing crazy. Just a night at Great Wolf Lodge (about 2 hours away).

Colonial Williamsburg is only a short drive from the resort, so we decided to stop for a little visit.
Photobucket

Will loves sticks and rocks and hates wearing his mittens. He's such a boy.
Photobucket
Photobucket

It was so cold, we only walked for a short while.
Photobucket
Photobucket

I admit it. I kind of like old cemeteries. I find them interesting, even though that probably makes me creepy.
Photobucket
Colonists!
Photobucket
Photobucket

Cobblestones!
Photobucket
Photobucket
Thomas Jefferson!
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

A delicious lunch with a well-behaved 16 month old!
Photobucket
Photobucket
Next stop: Great Wolf Lodge.

3 comments:

Ashley said...

I went to Colonial Williamsburg years ago and loved it! And my Mom loves cemeteries as well, so you're not alone!

Erin said...

We love CW. Where did you eat lunch? I'll have to take pictures of the cemeteries here. I've never seen anything like them. I find them intriguing. They give Tom the creeps.

Amy and Luke said...

Hey- ran across your blog and I'm in NoVA too and am a teacher, not as lucky as you, I still have to work, but our kids are close to the same age and I enjoy reading about other peoples adventures, especially w/ picky eaters, can you help me??

Gage was born on NOv 14, so sounds like they are the 'same age' although not really...ha. Where abouts do you live?

babyitnyre.blogspot.com