Sunday, March 13, 2011

Milestones and monuments

I couldn't put together a decent blog post last week because I was too busy video-ing Will fake coughing.

Not really.

But nonetheless, here's a video of Will fake coughing. It may get pretty boring for most of you, but I thoroughly enjoy it every time I watch. I can't help it. I think he's funny.

*cough cough* from Carrie Harmsen on Vimeo.

Yesterday we woke up and, inspired by spring weather, decided to do something WILD and CRAZY. Since it would involve a longish car ride in traffic, we decided to turn Will.
Photobucket

He is now forward facing and loving it. I've been vocal of my goal to keep him rear facing until 2, so when I allow myself to go THERE, I feel the guilt creeping in. However, we made it to almost-18 months and I'm pretty proud of that.
Photobucket

See? He REALLY loves it.
Photobucket

So our crazy (but really, not-so-crazy) day involved a trip to DC. It's ridiculous how little we go and we've pledged to go more often this year. We picked Grandma up along the way and drove to the city. We really didn't have any set plans, but we knew it would be a good day.

And it was.
Photobucket
Photobucket
Hello, Tidal Basin. See you, and your cherry blossoms, soon!

Photobucket

Grandma treated Will (and his parents) to two rides on the carousel.
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

We walked around and checked out the Natural History museum. Then it was back to Grandma's for a bit to hang out. She always has treats for Will. Yesterday she had some new books and a harmonica. Not only can he play it, but he dances, too.

He had such a fun day. So did we, Little Monkey. So did we.
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

1 comment:

Erin said...

Ok, several things:

1. See my post from this morning and my mention of Brendan's fake coughing!!
2. Harmonica? What a great toy! I'll be getting one soon.
3. My favorite part of the video is Mike's, "He'll be alright."
4. Will has always been cute, but I think the bigger he gets, the cuter he gets.

Love you guys! xoxoxox