Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Golf and blossoms

Long ago we decided Will would be a professional athlete, though what sport he'll play remains to be seen.  I thought for awhile he'd be into basketball.  However, after this weekend, Mike and I are thinking golf.
Photobucket

The thing about raising a professional athelete is that you have to start them young.  Pick a sport and start pushing it on them.  He started showing an interest in Mike's golf clubs, so on Sunday, we went to the store and bought Will his own set.  Complete with fancy pink golf bag.  All for $5.  Only the best for our future star.

Photobucket
Photobucket

Tiger Tiger Woods y'all from Carrie Harmsen on Vimeo.

So yesterday was a pretty gorgeous day.  SOOOO gorgeous.  And warm.  I took Will to the park in the morning, only to have Mike call us around noon to say he was heading home to take us to the cherry blossoms. 

I like to pretend I'm the spontaneous type, but truthfully, I am not.  Especially now that I have a young child.  I went along with it, but in the back of my mind I was wondering when Will would nap (he wouldn't), when he would eat (I'd stuff chocolate chip mini muffins in his mouth on the Metro to keep him from screaming), and how on Earth we'd plan this outing so we wouldn't be returning on the train during rush hour (too bad - we did). 

Everything was fine.  Sometimes I just need to relax a little.  I should take up drinking.
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

Seriously though, how cute are these two??  Gah, I could just eat them up.
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

I am in love with this picture Mike took.  Photobucket
See how pink his cheeks are?  We took his shirt off because he seemed so hot (it was in the 80's).

One of Will's favorite animal sounds is 'quack quack.'  He loved seeing the ducks.
Photobucket

Though it was warm, it was also quite breezy.  When the wind blew, it rained petals on us.  Will loved every second of it.  Photobucket

I'm glad Mike is spontaneous for the both of us.

2 comments:

Erin said...

I am just. like. you. I stress out about being spontaneous and then it usually ends up working out just fine. Glad he is feeling better. xoxoxox

BobbysMommy said...

Yay for golfing! Bobby's Daddy got me hooked on it a couple of years ago, and I've always contended that Bobby would be a golfer. Maybe our boys can end up on the PGA tour together in a couple decades?? ;)