Monday, May 9, 2011

Mother's Day 2011

Mike has been pricing the Kinect for Xbox 360 since Christmastime and yesterday he finally decided to buy one.  He even got Dance Central.  Just for me.  Last night after Will went to sleep (and, man, did that take forever), I decided to dance. 

Mike sat in his chair watching me, saying often, "Baby, you're good."  And that only made me dance more.  Because every mom deserves a Beyonce moment, and I suppose it's even better when you're not too drunk to enjoy it.  Yeah, I guess you could say it was the best Mother's Day ever.

Some other things we did yesterday....

Will indulged in an ice cream cone.  He only ate the top and then proceeded to carry around the rest like a torch, all the while destroying his outfit. 

And I may or may not have taken 26 pictures of this event.
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Same thing with applesauce...
Photobucket

Introducing the Grill Master....
Photobucket
He lets his mother -in-law do most of the work and then tries to take most of the credit.

And speaking of my mother, she is oddly paranoid about food on her deck.  She insists that animals will come eat it, which I find endlessly entertaining.  Will making it rain popcorn was almost too much for me to handle.

Bahahahahahahaha.
Photobucket

This little monkey is so stinking funny.
Photobucket
Every chair Will sits in is a rocking chair as he says "rock, rock, rock" while he's in it.

For the record, I maintain that this is the only animal eating spilled food off my mother's deck.
Photobucket

Yes, it was a very happy 'happy to be a mama' day indeed.
Photobucket

3 comments:

Chic Homeschool Mama said...

Looks like an absolutely perfect day! Really great memories!

Watch Calder Grow! said...

only 26????

Erin said...

I have that shirt but in a different color.

Where are the pictures (or better yet, video) of you dancing???