Sunday, August 7, 2011

Little Buddies

Will's friend Cameron came to visit a couple days ago.  Cam is 10 months older, so, naturally, Will admires him completely. 

In fact, Will's favorite thing to do is watch him in the bathroom because, at the ripe old age of 2 and a half, Cam is *drumroll please* POTTY TRAINED!  Last week I heard Cam say, "Will, you need to go away because it's gonna be stinkin in here."

Photobucket

Will was so excited to have a friend over, which tells me I should probably socialize him more often.  He enthusiastically showed off all his favorite toys.  At first Cam wasn't allowed to play with any of them, but after some encouragement and kind words, Will decided to share.
 
Then Cam would discover another toy, Will would conveniently forget the aforementioned discussion, and we'd begin all over again.  But what can I say?  I'm almost 30 and I still hate to share.  

Photobucket

Some practice with turn-taking on the slide...
Photobucket
Photobucket
Cam said, "Take my picture."  Yes, Sir.
Photobucket

Photobucket

I love watching Will interact with other kids.  Sometimes there's the tough stuff like toy-taking and hitting and I'm never quite sure if I should intervene or let the situation work itself out.  But most of the time, there's observing and laughter and yelling 'hi' and so many other wonderful things taking place that give me a glimpse of who Will is growing into.
Photobucket
But I think he'll always be a clown.


Photobucket

1 comment:

Erin said...

Love him. That's all.