Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Two

A celebration of the day my heart grew twice its size AKA Will's birthday.

Yesterday afternoon, we dropped my cousin off at the airport and returned to a house of mostly deflated balloons.  It depressed me.  His birthday is over.  Will turned 2.
Photobucket

We knew Will's birthday would be a more low-key event this year, but we were more than thrilled when the best aunt a boy could have decided she wanted to be a part of it.
Photobucket
Photobucket
Really?  The Bills?  All Will wanted was a win for his birthday.  Thanks a lot, Patriots.


Grandma decided to give Will his gift a couple days early: a very cool, perfect for my little Cars-loving toddler, ATV-style bike.
Photobucket
Photobucket
There's a little button to push to make it go and, while the steering took a few tries, Dude rocks it out.
Photobucket

On Will's birthday we decided to take him to this local bounce house place.  I've taken him a few times with his buds, Cam and Claire, and he thinks it's pretty fun.
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

Despite the look on his face that says otherwise, Will's a huge fan of this slide.
Photobucket
Bahahahahaha.
Photobucket
So the little party that wasn't definitely turned into something.
Photobucket
Thomas cake courtesy of Grandma.


Photobucket

I felt guilty, at first, for not putting as much effort into this day as I did last year.  We didn't have as many guests - originally we weren't going to have any guests.  But some of our local friends happened to be free on a Monday afternoon and, well, it was settled.  We had ourselves a party.
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Will's not the only one who loves this girl.

Photobucket
Photobucket

But, I have to say, it was a good day.  Mostly because my heart swells anytime Will gets to be the center of everyone's attention, but also because I know he really enjoyed it.
Photobucket
Photobucket
My upper body and I made a pact to not be photographed from this angle while going sleeveless.  Ever. Again.


He didn't feel like blowing out his candles, but he definitely waited patiently for a hunk of cake.
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

Party animals.
Photobucket

After our friends left, it was time for the big reveal.  Will's gift from his adoring parents: a train table.
Photobucket
Photobucket

We love our big 2 year old boy.

1 comment:

Amy said...

Aw, Happy Birthday WILL! Gosh, isn't two sad? He's got a month to go but I'm already sad about it!

That last picture? Oh, my, it is too much. He's got the best smile!!

Glad to know i'm not the only one who is last minute in the party thing :) gosh, i need to get on that huh? ha!