Monday, October 17, 2011

The park where the airplanes fly over

Last Saturday was an ahhhhh-mazing Fall day in the DC area and we decided to take full advantage.  There was some discussion on Friday night as to what our Saturday should entail and I suggested, "What about the park in Alexandria where the airplanes fly over?"  'The park in Alexandria where the airplanes fly over' is the unofficial name of this place because I can't, for the life of me, remember what it's actually called.  It's some park alongside the Potomac River next to National (that would Ronald Reagan Airport for all you non-locals).

So that's exactly what we did.  We went to the park in Alexandria where the airplanes fly over.
Photobucket
Photobucket

Insert random picture of Japanese treats sitting in the grass...
Photobucket
My dear friend Erin lives in Japan with her little military family and recently sent a birthday present for Little Monkey.  With tons of treats.  I find all the packaging to be soooo.... I don't know....  whimsical?  Yes, that's it.  Anyway, yes, Erin.  We ate the animal crackers.  I saw the 'cock.' You're so immature.

I love this age.  EVERYTHING is exciting.
Photobucket

Especially airplanes that fly right over your head.
Photobucket

Something else that's exciting?  That toy (in the picture on the left) I got from the dollar bin at Target.  I swear it's his favorite thing EVER.  Too bad he broke it today.
Photobucket
Another thing that's kind of exciting right now?  Will sort of takes creative direction for picture-taking purposes.  Hey, Will, wanna play in the tree? 
Photobucket

Oh, good.  Now smile.
Photobucket

Mike, thinking ahead, decided to bring his bike so he could take Will for a ride alongside the Potomac.  Will loves going for bike rides with his daddy and I love that they have something special for just the two of them.  And, no, not just because I got to spend some time reading People.

A sleepy boy was returned to me a half hour later.  But sleep be damned, Will has decided that two year olds don't take naps.  I think we're on day 5 and counting.  I spend about an hour every afternoon listening to him play and talk on the monitor while I fight off tears.
Photobucket
RIP nap time.  Believe me when I say you will be seriously missed.


It was a lovely Saturday spent at the park where the airplanes fly over, followed by a lazy Sunday of football watching.  A perfect weekend.
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

1 comment:

Amy said...

Um, no nap? Oh no. Oh no...no!!!!

LOVE this age and the excitement! Brady says, ooooh to everything!