Monday, October 3, 2011

A week in

Will has been 2 for one whole week now.  There are so many things I want to remember about Little Monkey at this age.

Like, he talks A LOT.  His little voice is just the cutest and, while someday I may feel differently, I love listening to him talk.  Lately he adds the phrase "in (or on) there" to most of his observations - i.e. ice in there, cars on there, elbow on there, balls in there, etc.

I love the way he says his name.  Sounds like 'wheel.'  Adorable.

He says "Mommy's baaaaaaaaaaaaaaby" in a sing-songy voice all the time.

He's very interested in names.  He likes using a person's name and wants to identify objects as Mommy's, Daddy's, Will's, Grandma's, etc.
Photobucket

He's hooked on You Tube.  Any time I try to sneak a quick email check, he ALWAYS catches me, climbs onto my lap, and demands 'elmo potty poop' or 'Gabba cat teeth.'  Yeah, those are some of his faves.  I try not to give in, but I can't help it.  He gets whatever he asks for.  I really should work on that.

He also loves to 'cook.'  After two years, I still prepare meals with one hand while my son is perma-attached to my hip.  Sure, it's cute.  But it's not easy.  What can I do?  He just wants to help.  Please know when you eat a meal or baked good from my home, it was likely tended to by my toddler at some point.  Consider yourself warned.

Photobucket

The discipline thing remains a work in progress.  He still hits us when he's mad.  Then, before I can say a thing, he yells, "time out," and puts himself on the step.  After a few seconds he gets up, comes over, and gives us a hug.  So he seems to get it, but is it working...?  Eh, I doubt it.  I really don't want to screw this kid up. I love him so.
Photobucket

Some other random observations:

  • Probably too young for the train table.  Today he climbed on it and took the whole thing apart.
  • Seems to be getting this whole potty training thing.  Though I may regret typing that in the months to come.
  • Still LOVES to be read to.
  • Is FINALLY maintaining an attention span long enough to put together a simple puzzle.
  • Makes me laugh everyday.
  • Always needs to have a blanky (sounds more like 'ganky') covering him while watching an episode of his favorite show (still Yo Gabba Gabba)
  • Insists on eating with utensils and does quite well with them.  You know, when he actually feels like eating.
  • Soup is his latest obsession.  He loves to eat it and pretends to make it on his little kitchen set.
  • Sings Twinkle Twinkle Little Star by singing 'winkle high.'
  • Identifies a series of letters as 'abc.'
  • Still counts to three, but refuses to climb any higher.  We're presently working very hard on four and five.
  • Has been climbing out of his crib (and Pack and Play) for a couple weeks now.  We're looking into a *gulp* big boy bed.  But since he only climbs out when we're in the room with him (for now), we're not rushing.
Photobucket
It has been raining EVERY DAY.  I'm not even exaggerating.  Luckily we were able to sneak in a quick trip to the zoo a few days ago.

1 comment:

Erin said...

1. I hope you wash his hands before he prepares food.
2. The fact that he yells time out and puts himself on the step made me snort with laughter and Tom had to ask if I was ok.
3. "winkle high" also made me laugh
4. We miss you guys
5. I'm mailing his present tomorrow. Promise.