Wednesday, November 23, 2011

The dirty 30

The craziest thing happened.  I turned 30.

It's weird, really.  I feel like I should still be 25.  We're having our second (and last) child and, sometimes, I just can't believe that I'm in this phase of my life already.  When it comes to being 30, I think I'm still in a state of shock.

Since Will was due on my birthday, I feel like November 18th belongs to the both of us.
Photobucket

We spent the afternoon at the National Harbor with a very special outing in mind.  But first, some play time outside on a chilly day.
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

The Gaylord Hotel has an amazing ice show every year.  When we discovered it would be opening on my birthday, we took it as a sign that we should go.  In fact, we did the same thing last year when we were in Dallas.
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

And after some ice fun, it was time to decorate some over-priced gingerbread cookies.
Photobucket

Yum!
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

Such a fabulous day.  One that ended with a delicious chocolate mousse cake.  Maybe 30 isn't so bad after all.
Photobucket

1 comment:

Amy said...

Aw, cute pics! Happy Birthday!