Wednesday, January 11, 2012

A snow day

Mike arrived home tonight to a chicken in the oven that was getting dryer by the second, and me, taking a Mr. Clean eraser to the new art work on the wall.  All while the following conversation was taking place:

Me: Will, where's the pen?
Will: I don't know.
Me: Will....
Will: It's down there.

I still haven't found it, but we had yet another talk about where we're supposed to draw.

Yes, it was that kind of day.  But luckily the pictures I'm about to share show the magic of another kind of day.  A snow day.

I looked at the forecast on Sunday and saw a prediction for snow showers the following day.  "Yeah right," I said to Mike.  Well, I'll be damned.

Photobucket

It snowed on Monday.

Photobucket
Photobucket

It was nothing more than flurries, really.  But for Will it was super exciting.  We took a walk in the backyard after lunch as I figured that would be the extent of our snow.
Photobucket
Photobucket
Will mows no matter the weather.

Photobucket
Photobucket
Yes, of course I put mittens on him.  Later I'd come up with a trick to make him keep them on ;)

Photobucket

The flurries tapered off and Will had a nice nap.  Later, the snow would begin again, this time sticking to the grass.  It was dark at that point, but sometimes it's OK to play outside after dinner in January.

Photobucket
Photobucket
Painters' tape!  Mommy: 1 Will: 0

Mommy's snowman...
Photobucket

Daddy's snowman...
Photobucket
He's such a show off.

And then we had some cozy time inside.
Photobucket

I loved this day.

2 comments:

Erin said...

I love Will's bed hair in the last picture. :) XOXOXOX

Watch Calder Grow! said...

I happen to like your snowman. It looks exactly like the one I made that day!