Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Easter weekend

We saw the Easter Bunny three times, did a couple egg hunts, and, frankly, I think Will was starting to get bored with it all.  Luckily, I managed to stretch Easter out for one final weekend of activities.

On Saturday we dyed Easter eggs.  It was Will's first time and, I have to ask, why do parents do this?  Will spilled all the cups multiple times, which resulted in numerous re-fills, two rolls of paper towels, and some tears.  He got pink dye all over the chair cushion and his new shoes.  Is this typically how it goes?

That said, the pictures below depict holiday cheer, so perhaps I should leave it at that.
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

Let me not even fake like we won't be doing this again next year.  Because we so will.
Photobucket

Earlier in the day, I reminded Will that the Easter Bunny was coming to his house that night.  He asked, "Easter Bunny sit on couch?"  Um, maybe?

We left out some carrots.
Photobucket

Me: Do you want to eat a carrot?
Will: I lick it.
Photobucket

Will: Yuck! I don't like carrots.
Photobucket

Will awoke the next morning to find a new scooter (a "roller skate"), some bubble gear, and a few pieces of candy.

After the excitement wore off, he was ready to find some Easter eggs.  Eggs, that, unfortunately, had been sitting out in the sun for longer than the Easter Bunny originally anticipated (ie. "This melted, Mommy").  Oops.
Photobucket
Photobucket

We spent the whole day outside.  Grandma came down with even more Easter treats.  We ate a ham dinner.  Mike set up a TV so he could watch the Master's out on the deck.  We Skyped with family that we wish we could've spent the day with.  It was a good Easter.

Bubbles!
Photobucket

New scooter (aka roller skate)!
Photobucket

1 comment:

Erin said...

I have definitely been feeling guilty because we did not dye eggs. I bought the kit but I never got around to doing it. Now I'm glad, although we will definitely be doing it next year.

So how is Will's coordination on that scooter?