Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Take me out to the ball game

I have this incredibly strong desire to make these last few months (weeks!) with Will as our one and only insanely special.  Sometimes things happen just the way I picture them in my head.  I love when that happens.

Will has a baseball book that he regularly requests at bedtime.  We've been working on the 'Take me out to the Ballgame' song, and we've been talking a lot about baseball games.  To my surprise, I looked in the paper on Sunday and saw that the Red Sox were in town.  Too perfect, right?

Yesterday was gorgeous, Mike was able to take the afternoon off, and we had ourselves a fabulous time at the ball park.
Photobucket
Seventeen bucks gets you a prime parking spot in a rock quarry.

Will really wanted to wear red socks, but since he was wearing sandles, I 'forgot' them at home.  It was quite traumatic in the car on the way up, but he didn't mention them once we arrived.
Photobucket
The Paper Mama Photo Challenge
Photobucket

The plan was to keep our expectations simple and realistic (ie. we might only be here for the first inning).  We also decided to get Will his own seat even though he would've been free on our laps, just to give ourselves some extra space (turned out the seats next to us were empty anyway - oh well, tickets were cheap).
Photobucket
Photobucket

Will was amazing.  He sat in his seat and spent the first 4 innings eating peanuts.
Photobucket
And even when he needed to spend some time standing up, he was happy.  He loved clapping, loved the songs, and sort of watched the actual game.  Sort of.
Photobucket
Photobucket

By the 8th inning, he quickly reached his limit and we knew it was time to leave.  I think I'll always feel wishy-washy looking back on this day.  It was that good.
Photobucket
Photobucket
Some sibling snuggles...



By the way, incase you're interested, the Red Sox won.  As Will would say, "Go Patriots!"  Close enough, Will.  Close enough.

No comments: