Friday, May 25, 2012

Life with 2 kids

A few days ago, I was able to pass a sleeping Amelia off to Mike so I could take a shower. Or dry my hair? Um, I don't remember now. But there was something I needed to do and Baby Sister was not making it easy. When I finished, I came across the following scene... IMG_1124-1

And I thought to myself, "Yep. That pretty much sums it up."

I spent so many months thinking about how tough a transition this would be for Will, that I neglected to consider the changes that would be coming our way as well. IMG_1182 IMG_1187

 Even though Will has yet to complain (and I'm sure the fact that Mike is still home has helped), I feel a lot of guilt about how this will continue to impact him.

For now, I seize any and every opportunity to have just a moment alone with him. Like, the chance to make brownies on a rainy afternoon... IMG_1205 He told me he needed his 'cooking hat.'

And on a couple of occasions when fresh air was needed by all, we went to our park.
IMG_1143 IMG_1157 IMG_1153

Earlier this week, when I begged Mike to get Will out of the house, he surprised me by offering to take him to see the dinosaurs in DC. They were gone for hours, which was perfect for Amelia and me, but most importantly, perfect for Will. IMG_1290

As for the newest member of our family, I think she is settling in quite nicely. IMG_1112

 Amelia spends most of her days awake, just taking little naps here and there. No complaints, though.  She sleeps quite well at night. IMG_1136

She loves to be held. Mostly by me. IMG_1159
IMG_1294 IMG_1335 IMG_1337

I think she's happy to be part of our family. IMG_1334 IMG_1177

And how could she not be with this guy as her big brother? IMG_1378 IMG_1382
Wedge sandles. Super hero cape. Perfect.

2 comments:

Christen Sanderson said...

So awesome, Carrie! She is so beautiful, and Will looks like he's in love with her!

Bek said...

What a beautiful family! She is so adorable! Love the picture with her laughing and of course, the last one.