Thursday, June 14, 2012

One month old already

Amelia is one month old today. Let's just take a moment to let that sink in... IMG_1804-2
One month old and I'm still not over that hair.

At her one month appointment the other day, Miss Amelia weighed in at 10 pounds, 6 ounces.  That's the 90th percentile, y'all.  No surprise there.  Girlfriend loves to eat.

This week she's been taking a daily nap in her crib for about 2-2.5 hours.  Otherwise she likes to fall asleep while eating and wake up immediately upon being laid down somewhere (like her swing or bouncy seat).

Also this week, she's been 'going to bed' around 10 at night and waking at 5/5:15.  So great!  She hasn't been all that interested in returning to sleep after a feeding, so we've had some early mornings around here.

For now, she spends her nights in the nap nanny, sleeping between us in our bed.  I guess that makes us co-sleepers...?  Oh well.  Whatever works.
IMG_1811

Unfortunately, Amelia is not a very content baby. Naturally, I blame this on the reflux and hope we come up with the right concoction of meds very soon. It's been so tough on her little body and it's truly terrible to witness.

Occasionally she has a happy moment and flashes me a grin. Mostly when she's having her diaper changed.  I swear it's her favorite part of the day - good thing she goes through lots of diapers.
IMG_1862

I've received a lot of comments on how much she resembles her big brother.  I definitely agree.

Speaking of the big man, Will continues to be one of her biggest fans and, for this, I'm incredibly grateful. He still loves to hug and kiss her. The other day he told me, "I love my sister." Though he still needs the occasional reminder to be gentle (i.e. Yes, that is Amelia's eye, but please don't poke it.), he has handled this HUGE transition with much ease. I'm so very proud of him. IMG_1885-2
She's been making this 'O' face since the day she was born. I couldn't love it more.

Amelia is really filling out and getting the most delicious rolls.  Also, she doesn't completely hate bathtime anymore, so that's been fun.
IMG_1887-2

We love our sweet baby. Can't wait to see what next month has in store. IMG_1845-3

2 comments:

ali said...

Oh my goodness those rolls are delicious indeed. And yes Amelia = Will. I cannot believe it has been one month already! Nadine and I are going to stop by this week. Haven't discussed it with Nadine, but I'm sure she'll be game.

Watch Calder Grow! said...

what a little love muffin!!! i need to come visit soon. i will...i promise!