Thursday, July 19, 2012

I think I blinked...

And just like that Amelia was two months old.  IMG_3262
IMG_3246    


I truly love this age. I love the way she kicks her little legs and makes jerky movements with her arms.  I love all the sweet smiles and coos.  I love how content she is to just sit and observe.  
IMG_3315 IMG_3280
Checking out her friend, the ceiling fan.

At two months old, Amelia: 

  • sleeps through the night (and, yes, she's still in our room)
  • mostly catnaps, but usually takes one decent nap in the afternoons
  • will turn her head to track our movements
  • holds her head up like a boss
  • likes to be held by her daddy
  • hates tummy time
  • has made it clear in no uncertain terms that she's not interested in a bottle
  • is moving on into size 2 diapers and 3-6 month clothing

IMG_3302


While I often feel like life is a constant juggling act between the two kids, and at times things can seem so very hard, I'm doing the best I can to soak in her adorable babyness. After all, she's the last one I'm ever going to have. IMG_3308amelia2

At Amelia's two month appointment, she weighed in at 12 pounds, 13 ounces (97th %tile!). Her rolls are still delicious. 



We continue to administer Prevacid for her reflux. Sometimes, instead of swallowing it, she likes to spit it out, and we're all reminded a few hours later that she REALLY needs it.
IMG_3328
Will was just a little excited to watch Amelia get her shots.  Just a little. 

Her list of 'likes' is growing.  She's suddenly become a good little car rider and seems to have greater toleration for evening walks in the stroller.


Giving Amelia a bath is a lot of fun lately.  She really enjoys the warm water and loves to kick.
bath  


Amelia is such a love bug.  I'm so glad she's mine.
IMG_3311

No comments: