Monday, July 30, 2012

When they are teenagers, I will wake them up at 4 AM.

We've been rather sleep deprived around here. The last three mornings, Will decided to begin his days at 4, 6, and 5 respectively.  Apparently, Amelia thinks her brother's plan to drive me insane is brilliant and has joined in the fun.

On Saturday morning, I loaded up the kids and grocery shopped at 6:30 AM.  Before Saturday morning, I didn't even know stores were open at that ungodly hour.  IMG_3351
Hey, Kids, this is a bed. It's for sleeping. Give it a try sometime.

In a desperate attempt to get Amelia to take a nap at my mom's house, I made a quick trip to Babies R Us for a portable swing.  It didn't work.
IMG_3395
Nice try, Mom. 

We've been plenty busy filling our long (OH, so long) days with lots of fun.

Paging Dr. Will...
IMG_3347

He LOVES being Dr. Will. Everyone and everything gets check ups - most recently his lawn mower. DRWILL

Meanwhile, Amelia is content to sit around looking cute. IMG_3393

So, so cute. AMELIA4 IMG_3368

To accommodate Amelia's nasty reflux, I've reduced my dairy intake. Definitely a bummer since summer equals ice cream (at least, for me it does). Good thing one of us gets to enjoy it. IMG_3386 ICECREAM

Mike and Amelia spent some time catching up on current events (or just the sales at Best Buy)... IMG_3418

And we're finding ways to beat the summer heat.

Me: Hey, Will, want to play in your Spongebob sprinkler?
Will: Yeah!
Me: Ok, let's get ready.
*We put on his swimsuit and sunblock. We turn on the sprinkler. Will runs through it once while I take a picture.*
Will: *in extremely annoying whiney voice* I don't want to get wet! IMG_3373

At least he likes the pool (most of the time). IMG_3404

To round out our week of activities, Amelia continued to look cute while doing her least favorite thing (second to sleeping) -- tummy time!
  IMG_3426IMG_3439

1 comment:

Watch Calder Grow! said...

Welcome to the club {insert evil laugh}! :)