Wednesday, September 26, 2012

And then Will was three.

Today my sweet boy turned three. IMG_4961

It's a fact that's still rather hard for me to wrap my mind around. This little boy, born weighing 4 pounds, 9 ounces. So small, so fragile.

 There is nothing small about him now. He has a personality that's larger than life. In fact, my new copy of "Raising your Strong Willed Child" sits on the table waiting to be read.

 Today we gave Will a choice between spending the morning at the bounce house or Chuck E Cheese's. He chose the bounce house. IMG_4970

Me: Will, I have a special birthday button for you to wear today!
Will: It red!
Me: Yes, isn't it cool?
Will: Red my favorite! It have LeQueen (Lightening McQueen) on it!
Me: Yeah! You want to wear it?
Will: No thanks.
  IMG_4976

We enjoyed lunch at the Japanese Steak House. Perhaps steak for lunch is rather fancy for a three year old's celebration, but it was fun all the same. IMG_4985 IMG_4992
After Mike paid the $40+ check, Will asked, "Where the pizza?"

This evening we had our friends over for Will's big birthday party.  Can you guess the theme?   IMG_5001

Sneaking in a picture of Amelia all dressed up for her big bro's big day. IMG_5003

After the initial excitement of a Cars party wore off, Will began to insist that he didn't want a birthday party. "I want to be by myself," he kept telling me. Yeah, part of that whole strong willed thing. I wasn't sure what to expect, but Little Monkey had a great time. As did we.
  IMG_5028IMG_5023

It was bittersweet to celebrate Will turning three today. I hope he enjoyed himself. I love him so.

3 comments:

Erin said...

This made me cry. Love him.

Watch Calder Grow! said...

Aww! Love seeing Amelia in Alyse's dress! (And I just got the same book. We'll have to compare notes.)

Nadine said...

It was a fabulous party! :)