Thursday, September 6, 2012

Will the big boy.

Will is not a baby anymore. He is my big-almost-three-year-old boy and is doing all kinds of big boy things.

Potty training is in the hiz-ouse! I really tried to be one of those 'he'll go when he's ready' sort of moms, but last weekend I reached my breaking point and finally gave Will the nudge he so desperately needed. I'm sure it helps that I'm shamelessly bribing him with dollar toys and candy.

 And look--
IMG_4436
Undies!

 He's doing so great! *knocking on the biggest piece of wood ever* I told him, "I'm so proud of you!" To which he responded, "I'm proud of you, too." Awwwww.

Will said he wants Dora undies, which, sadly, they don't make for little boys. While Mike is extremely fair-minded and rarely bats an eye when he comes home to Will sporting red toes and eye shadow, I'm afraid finding his boy in panties might be too much to handle. IMG_4440

I previously said we would hold off on preschool because of Will's late birthday (and the fact that he's not potty trained. yet.), but I decided to sign him up for a 'Morning Out' program to get him used to rules, routine, and being away from home (without me!). Starting next week, he'll go on Tuesdays and Thursdays for three hours each day.

 Some fake first day of school pictures. We actually went for a meet and greet with his teacher. IMG_4447

And, OH, how he cried when it was time to go. Dude is very excited about school. Or, maybe he's just excited for the many bins of toys that he will hoard and not want to share. It's sure to be a fun time. Good luck, Ms. Linda! IMG_4446

Today Will paid his first visit to the dentist. We went to a pediatric dentist (for obvious reasons), and he did great! The hygienist consulted with me before his exam and told me no pictures were allowed. Boo.

 She said, "You can take pictures in the waiting room, though. Not that you'd want to." Oh, Girlfriend, you don't even know... IMG_4458 IMG_4460 IMG_4456 IMG_4462

Will had so much fun at the dentist, he cried when it was time to leave!

1 comment:

Amy said...

GO will go! That's awesome. I am getting closer and closer to just throwing diapers out and forcing him to go because him screaming in my face, CHANGE ME CHANGE me is getting old. :)