Thursday, October 25, 2012

A few things we did this week.

We're very excited to celebrate a certain someone's first Halloween.

I didn't get to do the baby-in-a-pumpkin thing the last go 'round as Will was only a month old and weighed in at about 6 pounds.  I was thrilled to get to do this with at least one of my babies.  I'm slightly embarrassed at the amount of time I spent preparing this pumpkin to meet my photographic standards.  I actually worked on it several times over the course of a few days, and kept it in the fridge until the weather warmed up mid-week (80 degrees in late October!).

And Amelia...  Oh, Amelia did not disappoint.  She is such a good sport.
IMG_5799

We tried it with a bow, too.
IMG_5838

But, yeah...  She rocked that pumpkin hat.
IMG_5825-3
Go, Girl!

We tried on big brother's first Halloween costume (because every 6 pounder needs an over-sized dog outfit to wear for a total of 30 minutes).
IMG_5478

She's a little stuffed in there, but OH MY...  So.  Stinkin'.  Cute. IMG_5481
Bring it, Halloween.

We enjoyed aforementioned 80 degree weather at the park.  Seriously, we go there every day.  Yesterday we went twice.
IMG_5864 IMG_5871-2

Mommy has been very Pinterest motivated lately.  I even entertain notions of doing an entire month of Pinterest.  I get excited just thinking about it.  A Pinterest a Day December, perhaps?  Oh yeah...  The wheels are churning.

This little project involved a silicone pie pan (from the dollar section at Walmart), a paint brush, shaving cream, and food dye.  Will helped with that and squeezed every color in each bowl, which is why we have 4 different mixed colors instead of 4 different separate colors.  For the record, I'm cool with this.
IMG_5877

"A crocodile!!"
IMG_5884

Sweet Baby Girl had a big, big week.  On Monday, the beginnings of a tooth popped through her tender gums.  I thought she was teething, but honestly, I felt a little clueless since Will was the easiest teether ever.  She has definitely been uncomfortable and it's tough to watch.

In other news, Amelia sported her first real hair do.
IMG_5904

I'm absolutely inept at doing hair, so, really, it's only fitting that my baby girl has a head full. IMG_5908

I have second thoughts about sharing this picture as doing so might cause this post to go in to cuteness overload.  Oh well, I'm risking it.
IMG_5918-3
Getting so good at those baby push ups!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love the hair. And Amelia. And Will.

Rebecca said...

I forgot to show grandma the pigtails last night, I can't believe it's that long! Maybe she is destined for baby modeling stardom with all those well timed smiles and "surprised" faces??