Saturday, May 11, 2013

Cicada invasion

We have been preparing for a cicada invasion. As much as one can prepare for such a thing. Will likes worms, ladybugs, roly polys... But things that fly? Not so much. I fear he may lose his mind when the cicadas emerge and outnumber us 600 to 1.

 I started to talk with Will about all the bugs he would soon see. I showed him pictures online and we watched short news clips.

 Then, this morning, Will saw something crawling in the backyard. He and Mike quickly captured it in a container and brought it inside to show me. Will excitedly called family to tell them, "I found a 'cada!"  photo IMG_1151_zps76b75850.jpg  photo IMG_1153_zps4ea8e2d4.jpg

Amelia was a bit braver than her big brother. Someday I think she will be thoroughly grossed out by these pictures.  photo IMG_1157_zps3c40bd62.jpg  photo IMG_1156_zpsd2027f0f.jpg

They're heeeeeeeeeeeeeerrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrre.  photo IMG_1162_zpsed14a06a.jpg

1 comment:

Courtney R said...

We don't have any yet -- thankfully! Tell Will and Amelia they can keep them!