Tuesday, June 25, 2013

5 years

Last Friday, Mike and I celebrated 5 years of being married. When I was younger, imagining what my future would look like, this is exactly what I saw--  photo IMG_2329_zps5032accb.jpg

We're not much for gift-giving, but 5 years is kind of a big deal. Mike surprised me with a pink Kitchen Aid mixer I've been eyeing and a blue hydrangea that will bloom in our front yard for many years to come (hopefully). I planned a surprise getaway for us on the sly, so on Saturday morning, I sent Amelia into our room with a note that told Mike to get up because we had big plans.

 My mom stayed with the kids and we had a glorious time laying on the beach reading, going out for a real meal, and spending the night in a hotel without children. Amazing.  photo IMG_2352_zps6aa2b2e7.jpg

This week it's just me and the little miss while big brother Will is at dinosaur summer camp. He was originally signed up for the half day program, but when he realized all his little friends were eating lunch together and staying for the whole day, he insisted that he should too.

 At least I have good company.  photo IMG_2364_zps815a95a9.jpg

3 comments:

Amy said...

That sounds amazing!!! Happy Anniversary, it's pretty crazy how fast time flies now kids are here, eh? We just celebrated our five years too. ;)

Rebecca said...

Congrats on five years! I know I am off by a few days or so. However, I want to correct your image of what your family would look like. You were supposed to have 8 kids. Not 2. And they would be rocking outfits picked out for them daily from Sears and JCP catalogs. :)

Christen Sanderson said...

Congrats! Glad you both had a wonderful anniversary!